Apply For A Career With Patriot
We welcome applications from all over — just send in your resume. We are proud sponsors of electrical persons through the ITA, and are proud to support the co-op program at UVic and Camosun College. See below for our current openings and specific application instructions. If you don't see an opening for a role you're interested in, feel free to send your resume anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electrical Project Manager/Estimator
About Patriot Electric
Patriot Electric is a local electrical contractor that has serviced Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands for the past 20 years. Our services include new and renovation electrical work as well as commercial and residential construction with an emphasis on green energy including EV chargers, solar, and home automation.
We have grown from just a few to a team of over 30 in the last two decades. Our experts are compliant with the highest safety standards in the industry today, as they work to the requirements set by the various regulatory authorities. They are continuously evolving and learning as technology leaps forward – we are committed to offering the most recent and cutting-edge tech to our clients.
With our experience and expertise, we identify problems and solve them before they become an issue. This has led to recognition in the form of the 2013 Business Of The Year Award from the Greater Victoria Chamber Of Commerce, and Trades Company Of The Year at the 14th annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards.
We are looking for a project manager/estimator to join our team of skilled individuals to help manage current and upcoming projects. The ideal candidate will be able to manage and estimate projects independently with some initial assistance at the start of employment. Moreover, the candidate should be able to apply their engineering knowledge and experience to their everyday work. The hours for this position and our office staff are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday (no remote work).
The candidate should be self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team alongside other estimators and project managers. Moreover, the candidate should have strong multitasking skills as the position requires the ability to manage several projects at once.
List of responsibilities
Manage project deadlines, contract scopes, budgets, and construction documentation.
Perform material and labour takeoffs in conjunction with project budgets.
Work with suppliers to produce quotes and tender documents in a timely fashion.
Communicate and collaborate with company electricians.
Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, general contractors and customers.
Follow safety regulations.
Review and correct invoicing documents.
Provide reports, drawings and specifications for the electrical design for residential, and commercial buildings and structures.
Analyze plans, scope of work and blueprint documentation to ensure accuracy of project details.
Communicate with architects, developers and other professionals.
List of job requirements
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering and one+ years of relevant industry experience
P. Eng. designation is an asset
PMP certification is an asset
Strong knowledge of project management software such as AutoCAD and Bluebeam
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, primarily Excel.
Strong knowledge of Canadian Building Codes and Canadian Electrical codes.
Strong organizational skills.
Wage is negotiable
Extended health and dental benefits
ENGINEERING CO-OP STUDENT (8 MONTH)
START DATE: 09/01/2021
END DATE: 04/31/2021
PAY RANGE: Negotiable
Patriot Electric Ltd. is a locally owned and operated electrical contractor providing diversified electrical services in commercial and residential applications. Since 2001, our business has established a reputation built on commitment to quality installations while staying current with rapidly evolving technologies, equipment, and logistics. We believe that quality installations require professional support. We pride ourselves in providing our clients and our own installers with installation packages which include professional and accurate designs, necessary materials and resources to address discrepancies, change orders, and any other conflict which may arise during and after the installation.
Victoria's construction boom has given Patriot Electric Ltd. an opportunity to expand the team and provide us with the competitive advantage we strive for. We are looking for a driven co-op student to assist our support team of project estimators, project managers, and fellow engineering graduates with Patriot Electric's projects.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills including an ability to adapt to tight deadlines and frequent change of priorities
- Be a self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys dealing with people, coworkers/clients
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills while working well with different personality styles
- Creative and forward-thinking design of electrical layouts and installation procedures while adhering to Patriot Electric's commitment to quality
- Take initiative to be a safety leader and promote safe work practices and courageous leadership
- Leadership in the areas of safe work practices and Canadian Electrical Code and associated legislations
The co-op student is responsible for assisting the Project Estimators and Project Manager in the following: completing material and labour takeoffs in a variety of applications to generate project estimates, bill of materials, schedules and timelines, and providing document support to our field installation groups.
Collaborating with suppliers, contractors and professionals in the electrical and general construction industry, the successful Co-op candidate will gain valuable electrical installation and design experience in the following areas:
- Professional Electrical Contracting office
- Leading Technology Trends
- Green Energy Solutions
- Professional customer service
- Support from Professional Engineer and Senior Executives
- Electrical Service and Distribution
- Life and Safety Devices and Systems
- Luminaires, Lighting Control and Automation
- Audio/Video and Home AutomationElectric Vehicle Chargers (Tesla Approved Installer)
- Standard Electrical Devices
- Canadian Electrical Code
- Successfully completed two years of a Bachelor of Business or Engineering at an accredited University
- Have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and CAD software
- Previous knowledge of the construction Business and or the electrical trade would be an asset
- Minimum Academic Year Completed: 2
- Minimum Work terms Completed: 1