Apply For A Career With Patriot
We welcome applications from all over — just send in your resume. We are proud sponsors of electrical persons through the ITA, and are proud to support the co-op program at UVic and Camosun College. See below for our current openings and specific application instructions. If you don't see an opening for a role you're interested in, feel free to send your resume anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAY RANGE: $20-22/HR.
Patriot Electric Ltd. is a locally owned and operated electrical contractor providing diversified electrical services in commercial and residential applications. Since 2001, our business has established a reputation built on commitment to quality installations while staying current with rapidly evolving technologies, equipment, and logistics.
The administrative assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials. Familiar with a variety of fields, concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and altitude is expected. Typically reports to manager or head of unit/department.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Maintain filing system & office supplies.
- Provide general support to visitors & suppliers dropping off goods and materials.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Reply to emails & telephone enquiries.
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues.
Full time. Monday – Friday (excluding stats)
Start time: 7:30am Finish: 4:00pm
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field or in related area
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31 2021 11:59:00 PM
BUSINESS CO-OP STUDENT (8 MONTH)
START DATE: 03/01/2021
END DATE: 10/31/2021
PAY RANGE: Negotiable
Patriot Electric Ltd. is a locally owned and operated electrical contractor providing diversified electrical services in commercial and residential applications. Since 2001, our business has established a reputation built on commitment to quality installations while staying current with rapidly evolving technologies, equipment, and logistics. We believe that quality installations require professional support. We pride ourselves in providing our clients and our own installers with installation packages which include professional and accurate designs, necessary materials and resources to address discrepancies, change orders, and any other conflict which may arise during and after the installation.
Victoria's construction boom has given Patriot Electric Ltd. an opportunity to expand the team and provide us with the competitive advantage we strive for. We are looking for a driven co-op student to assist our support team of project estimators, project managers, and fellow engineering graduates with Patriot Electric's projects.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills including an ability to adapt to tight deadlines and frequent change of priorities
- Be a self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys dealing with people, coworkers/clients
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills while working well with different personality styles
- Creative and forward-thinking design of electrical layouts and installation procedures while adhering to Patriot Electric's commitment to quality
- Take initiative to be a safety leader and promote safe work practices and courageous leadership
- Leadership in the areas of safe work practices and Canadian Electrical Code and associated legislations
The co-op student is responsible for assisting the Project Estimators and Project Manager in the following: completing material and labour takeoffs in a variety of applications to generate project estimates, bill of materials, schedules and timelines, and providing document support to our field installation groups.
Collaborating with suppliers, contractors and professionals in the electrical and general construction industry, the successful Co-op candidate will gain valuable electrical installation and design experience in the following areas:
- Professional Electrical Contracting office
- Leading Technology Trends
- Green Energy Solutions
- Professional customer service
- Support from Professional Engineer and Senior Executives
- Electrical Service and Distribution
- Life and Safety Devices and Systems
- Luminaires, Lighting Control and Automation
- Audio/Video and Home AutomationElectric Vehicle Chargers (Tesla Approved Installer)
- Standard Electrical Devices
- Canadian Electrical Code
- Successfully completed two years of a Bachelor of Business or Engineering at an accredited University
- Have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and CAD software
- Previous knowledge of the construction Business and or the electrical trade would be an asset
- Minimum Academic Year Completed: 2
- Minimum Work terms Completed: 1