The Patriot Electric Experience
Patriot Electric is committed to the quality of our services. We believe in being able to always provide our clients with the highest standard of service, in terms of reliability, efficiency, safety, and skill. This means we are always refining, upgrading, and checking, whether that’s through meeting compliance standards or attending code upgrade classes provided by Technical Safety BC or other industry-recognized learning providers.
We also believe in working with our clients, not just in providing a valuable service, but in being an integral part of the project management and construction processes. This makes our clients’ jobs easier, with ease of communication and a seamless process throughout. It also means problems get solved quicker and identified earlier.
We’re able to use our expertise and experience to see things before they become an issue and provide effective solutions. This is the approach that has earned us the respect and admiration of some of Vancouver Island’s most reputable builders and designers.
This quality of service and commitment is underpinned by our commitment to innovation — something that sets us apart from our competitors. We mix the expertise of our founder David Moss with the new practices and skills of our co-op EIT students to create a unique mix of knowledge and expertise across a number of areas. Something that results in being able to provide cutting-edge services like our Smart Home Automation installations.
Chamber of Commerce Award
We have grown from just a few to a team of over 30 in the last two decades. Our experts are compliant with the highest safety standards in the industry today, as they work to the requirements set by the various regulatory authorities. They are continuously evolving and learning as technology leaps forward – we are committed to offering the most recent and cutting-edge tech to our clients.
With our experience and expertise, we identify problems and solve them before they become an issue. This has led to recognition in the form of the 2013 Business Of The Year Award from the Greater Victoria Chamber Of Commerce, and Trades Company Of The Year at the 14th annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards.
The Patriot Difference
Patriot Electric are able — through a commitment to quality and innovation — to provide a number of unique and high-quality services.
This includes being certified with the following:
- Tesla – We are Tesla certified for EVSE installations, with several of our electricians having been through Tesla's official technical training program
- Lutron – For over two decades we have been certified installers of Lutron wireless Radio RA, RA2, Blinds and shades. We continue to stay on top of the new products and solutions being offered by this innovative and reputable manufacturer
- Lighting Design – We are partnered with a number of leading manufacturers and distributors of lighting products. This enables us to offer our customers designs and layouts that are up to an industry-leading high standard
- ChargePoint - We are Tesla certified for EVSE installations, with several of our electricians having been through Tesla's official technical training program
- Porsche – We have been certified by Porsche as an EVSE installation professional
- B Electrical Contractors – We are certified for installations of up to 600 volts, any amperage, as recognized by Technical Safety BC
- BC Hydro – approved Alliance Contractor
- Kohler Generators
Meet the Owner
Patriot Electric was founded on the principle of delivering innovative and reliable electrical contracting services throughout Victoria and Vancouver Island. Something that they have delivered consistently on since their incorporation.With a whole lifetime’s worth of experience in the industry, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who knows more about electrical contracting than David Moss. And a keen business sense practically runs in his family — as the son of a successful mechanical contractor with his own plumbing and mechanical company, and the younger brother of two successful entrepreneurs. It is this combined business and practical knowledge that has seen his company become such an overwhelming success.
David also believes Patriot Electric has a key role to play in providing opportunities and shaping the future of the industry. This the ethos behind Patriot Electric’s highly successful co-op and apprenticeship programs. It’s also why David himself has been a member of the Camosun College Advisory Apprenticeship Board since 2001.
It’s not only his business success that drives him — it’s the joy of a richly rewarding personal life. David has been fortunate enough to have been with his wife since they were high school sweethearts, and they have been blessed with three wonderful daughters and five wonderful grandchildren.